Adoption Journal

Sunday, May 15, 2005

We love him already!

What a ride. I thought getting the referral would be easy. It is not. When I took Sammy's medical to Doctor Simone, he was worried about the fact that he was born at 28-30 weeks. I am so afraid now. I called Tanya and Jason, to get some more information, but the truth is there is nothing we can do or check, until we go to Russia in July. The hard part is, I love him already. I want him....even if he is sick. I want to be his mommy. I want to take care of him. I do not want him to live in the orphanage. I want him home with me.

Ailbe died last week. He was a friend of ours from University. He was only 34, and he died of cancer. The funeral home was a block from Doctor Simone's office. I have never been to that part of the city, and I went there 4 times in one week. It reminded me how close life is to death. One person is taken away, and another is given. Our Sammy is our gift. I can't wait to enjoy it for the rest of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home